Northbrook Chamber of Commerce & Industry recently issued the following announcement.
Digital Services Assistant
Department: Digital Services
Hours: 20 hours / week (day, evening and weekend hours)
Do you have a love for the latest technology and for making/DIY – be it no, low, or high tech? Do you enjoy developing and teaching tech and maker programs – from fiber arts to Arduinos? Join our growing Digital Services Department. Digital Services Assistants develop and teach innovative technology and maker programs, offer guidance to users at all levels and ages across a variety of maker/DIY topics and makerspace equipment, and contribute to a welcoming, synergetic environment in our new makerspace, the Collaboratory.
Key Functions of this Position:
- Develop and teach programs on software, digital media tools, 3D modeling/printing and scanning, CNC machines, machine sewing and embroidery, laser cutting, and similar maker programs and equipment
- Help patrons individually with a variety of technologies including digital media production, maker equipment, and digitization equipment and software
- Lead and assist in technology and maker sessions for patrons
- Perform basic operation, troubleshooting, and maintenance for makerspace equipment, computers, and peripherals as necessary
- Excellent organizational and customer service skills
- Ability to patiently and respectfully instruct and guide users of all skill levels and ages
- Experience in developing and teaching technology and maker programs
- Experience with maker technologies and equipment (e.g., 3D printing, Arduino, Raspberry Pi, sewing and embroidery machines) and other no, low, or high technologies (e.g., fiber arts, wearable tech)
- Familiarity with digital media creation and editing tools (e.g., Adobe Creative Cloud Suite, GarageBand, iMovie, mics, cameras)
- Ability to identify and conduct basic computer troubleshooting and maintenance
- Familiarity with Apple, Microsoft, and Android systems
- Expertise with Microsoft Office, the internet, and related applications
- Working knowledge of audio-visual equipment
- Previous library employment a plus
BA/BS or two to four years of equivalent work experience
Salary & Benefits:
Benefits include paid vacation and sick leave, participation in IMRF pension pland and 457/ Roth/IRA savings plans available.
How to Apply: Click here and scroll down to access the application.
Please submit cover letter, resume and application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Northbrook Public Library
1201 Cedar Ln.
Northbrook, IL 60062
Original source can be found here.